I wrote few days ago 10 facts about the orphans in Ukraine. I repeat the statistic here.
10 facts about orphan children in Ukraine
- 8 milj.80.000 children in Ukraine
- 198 000 orphans or children taken into custody
- 1/3 of the children available for adoption
- 9178 orphans or children taken into custody are in foster care or family homes
- 63.000 of the orphans or children taken into custody have guardian. The guardianship is the most popular for to place a child in Ukraine.
- 616 orphans adopted in Ukraine in 2011
- 350 orphans adopted abroad in 2011
- 2091 orphans och children without parental care have got guardians in 2011.
- 29o a children are placed in foster care families or in family homes in the Ukraine in 2011
- Other children in state orphanages and institutions.
This statistic applies to the Ukrainian Ministry for children and young people’s website.
If there would be just one name? Wouldn’t this one life be worth doing all the possible and impossible?
“For less than a cup of coffee and cake, YOU can give food for one child today!”
With love to God and to the children
You might like to read about the new Ukrainian Adoption Statistics on Hospitality in Kiev site